Saturday, May 17, 2014

Quit my job.

I was working there for a few months. Not anymore. I was hired for one position, and never actually worked in that position. Worked in virtually every other position that existed there. After 4 months, I could no longer take it.

To be clear, it wasn't just being lied to about the job that made me leave. The hours were extremely light. The management was incompetent. The job also required a me to be clean shaven, something I detest. Several weeks also happened with me having no hours what so ever. All of these factors lead to me calling in to say "I quit. You have a great day now". Gave me now former boss a beat to respond, they said nothing, I then hung up.

Hours were very limited. I was told it would be 3 or 4 days a week, in 8 hour shifts. It was in fact 1 or 2 days a week with shifts being 5 hours or less. Wasn't just my schedule either, this seemed to be for everyone there. On top of the limited hours, most of the staff would be sent home early on a daily basis. Some days I got less than a hour on the clock. Wasn't even worth the gas it took to get to the job.

Why were hours to so limited? I have to assume it was obscene incompetence on the part of management. The boss seems constantly overwhelmed, and confused. It was clear that too many people had been hired, and that some needed to be cut. However, the boss was unwilling to do so. Well they have one less to employ to worry about, and I truly hope that it helps some of others still there get a few more hours.

The most annoying part of all was having to be clean shaven. I know most places don't want "Grizzly Adams" working there, but most places will let you keep a Van Dyke or something similar. It was a pain, as the amount of time between days working was just enough to make shaving before going in uncomfortable.

So that is pretty much why I quit. I know it wasn't funny, but I wanted to get it off my chest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment