Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Insomnia.

Insomnia is something I deal with on a regular basis. There is no good way to deal with it. You can ride it out and feel and look like hell the next morning, or you can take some pills that will ensure you are half dead and slow the next morning. Neither opinion is very good. You might think a exercise will grant you rest, it won't just adds "soreness" to the list of hells of the night after. All of this would be fine, if not for the two other problems that come with insomnia.

The two worst parts of insomnia are: the large amount of useless advice you get that doesn't help, and the lack of anything to blame it on. So the worst parts are well meaning assholes, and that horrid question "why?". These things are not pet peeves, they may just be major psychotic hatreds for me. 

The advice never helps, as it comes from people that have never had a real problem with insomnia. It comes in three basic flavors. There is the "do this before bed", the "do this during the day", and worst of all "can't you just close your eye and be asleep?". Honestly, if I could just close my eye and be asleep, do you think I would have this problem?

The other problem is that there doesn't seem to be a root cause for insomnia. It simple comes on, and the hell begins. It goes away, but it will be back. It is like psychological herpes, doesn't bother you every day, but when it does...

1 comment:

  1. I use to have insomnia. But then when I started eating more and got out of school I had less stress and could sleep.

    ReplyDelete