Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Bad Times Shopping at Target

 So Sunday I am at Target. I was there because it was the start of a "buy two get one free"sale on video games, and I love both deals and video games. However things didn't go well. Not because of Target. 

I went to the Brea Target, as it is the closest to me that has a large electronics department.  It was earlier than I would usually be out, somewhere between 9 and 9:30 am. I look at the available games, and am ready to buy. However, there are no employs to be found. I wait a few minutes, still no one. So I go to the nearest price scanner, which is in the toy department, and press the button on it to summon an employ. It tells me to wait by the scanner. 

After a minute, a young man walks up, and before I can state my business, another costumer starts yelling that "that dude is creepy, you need to get him out of this store, I don't think my kids are safe", referring to me. I have had no interaction this person up to this point, and I do mean ever . I try to explain that I just need someone to open the game case, and he keeps screaming to the point security comes. 

The security guard come and listens and just laughs at the guy. Tells him he needs to go about his business, and uses his walkie talkie to try and get someone with a key for me. I wait buy the register in electronics. Meanwhile the screaming man keeps pacing back and forth staring at me. When someone with a key finally shows up, it is time for round two. He starts yelling again, "You need to understand you are creepy, and I am trying to protect me kids". I don't engage. I talk to the employ with the key and say "I don't know what this guy's deal is, I just want to get and pay for some games". He starts again, " Your creepy dude, you need to get out of here". Walking to the games "I don't know what his insecurity is, but can we hurry this up?". 

While getting my games, we now had to listen about to more. "I got no insecurities bro. Look at my wife. How fucking dare you". He finally left as we went back to the register. 

This was shockingly rude behavior from a man old enough to have grey hair, and two children with him. And honestly, that is the worst part, he did this in front of his kids. They have learn a lesson about how to treat people. One that will cause endless problems for so many people they will encounter. I don't know what about me set the man off.

No comments:

Post a Comment