Friday, June 10, 2011

Steam.

I think it is safe to assume most of the people reading this either use or have knowledge of "Steam". That wonderful direct to drive service that sell software cheap. I just formatted my computer and now have to download everything on my Steam account again.

It is a problem to re-download  all your stuff again, you can uninstall and re-download as much as you like. However, there is one problem, that Steam only seems to allow you to go at a little better than 2 megs a second. That might not sound bad, but when you have 200 gigs of stuff to download it becomes more of a problem. I am not talking abut this to brag, I just wish Steam could upload just a little faster.

Don't get me wrong, I love Steam, at it seems to have the fewest problems of any direct to drive service. I can't imagine getting along without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment