Halloween is the best best of all holidays. You get free candy. However, not all candy was created equal. So lets see the the best and worst.
We will start with the best.
10. Dum Dums. Small lollipops that comes in dozens of different flavors, and most of them are pretty good.
9. M&Ms. All varieties. These would be higher if there weren't so few of them in the "fun size" they hand out.
8. Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme. Enjoyable as long as it is not too cold.
7. Butterfinger. Tasty, but they do tend to get caught in your teeth.
6. 3 Musketeers. Light and sweet.
5. Twix. A good balance on this one, chocolate, with chewy caramel, and a crunchy cookie. Just feels nice in the mouth.
4. Peanut Butter Snickers.
3. Milky Way. Even better if it is the dark chocolate version.
2. Kit Kat. They are just half a fun sized, and are good in all three flavors (white, milk, and dark).
1. Reese Peanut Butter Cup. The king of all Halloween candy. Chocolate and peanut butter, what more do you need?
Now for the other side of things. The bad Halloween "treats".
10. Pennies. Well at least it is money. A small ineffectual amount, but still.
9. Tootsie rolls. They come in many flavors, and they are all horrid.
8. Coupons. Doesn't matter what they are for. If you are doing this to promote your own business, then you need some better ideas.
7. Jolly Ranchers. There is nothing jolly about these.
6. Life Savers. This is meant to kill bad breath, it is not a treat.
5. Smarties. I hear some kids crush them up and snort them. Well, sounds better than eatting them.
4. Licorice. This is the anti-candy.
3. Religious anything.
2. Leftover candy form other holidays. Easter, last year's Christmas, even Valentines day. It is likely out of code, and should not be given to anyone.
1. Raisins. These are not a treat. If you hand them out, your house should be egged.