Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving Is Terrible

I remember as a child finding out I would have four days off in a row. It was because of Thanksgiving. This sounded good. Then I learned I would have to waste one of those days eating a bad meal and being around people I wanted nothing to do with, 

There were two options. There was the Grandmother that overcooked everything, and the other Grandmother that under-cooked everything. So you had a bone dry turkey, with stuffing that resembled toothpaste. Or you could get very sick for the rest of the long weekend. 

Regardless of which Grandmother I was forced to be at I was surrounded  relatives that wanted nothing to do with me. I had, and still have, no interest in sports. None of the cousins were in my age range either. So I tried to find isolation and light to play Game Boy. Which would lead to my father yelling about how I should try harder, and me pointing out that I did and there were no takers.

"Black Friday" was not a thing my family took part in when I was a child. Didn't know what it was until I my first job working as holiday help at Target. I enjoy some sales now, still hate the meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment