Sunday, December 9, 2018

Saying "no" never felt better.

Earlier this week I was contacted by a former classmate of mine. It would seem one of our old teachers is very close to death. The teacher would very much like to see our class altogether again, as we were the last one before some unfortunate events happened in her life. This is not a much of a task as you might think, there were only a little over 30 students.

Apparently, I was the last person that they were contacting. This classmate of mine had stayed in contact with our teacher over the years for reasons I can't begin to fathom. She however, wasn't asking me to come be apart of her little project, she was more ordering me to.

If you read the title, you already know my response, at least the short version. I have no good memories of the teacher. So I said "It gives me more pleasure than you can imagine to personally deny that old c**** dying wish. But you have a great day!". She began to yell in a way that only someone not used to hearing "no" can, but I didn't stay on the line to hear it. It is somewhat of a shame I couldn't deliver the message personally to the teacher, but that would ironically defeat the purpose.

That place was a hell I was in for two years. To get any kind of payback is so very sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment