Sunday, October 7, 2018

The last woman I was with.

This is a bit more personal. No names will be used, because I don't want to cause anyone involved any problems. This story is however true.

Last woman I was with I meet when I was working at Circuit City. This was during the Christmas season of 2007. A woman came in, needed help with cameras. She was completely covered, baggy sweat shirt, and pants, and was even wearing gloves. This was odd as we are in southern California, so even in the coldest parts of winter this style of dress is unnecessary.  After helping her, she asked for my phone number, I had assumed this was more for tech support than anything.

A week later, she called me, not with question about her camera, but to invite me over. Perhaps I am dense about such things, but I really had no idea she was interested. When I got there, I found out why she had been dressed the way she did: she was covered head to toe in tattoos. I had never seen anything like it, she was more than a beautiful girl, she was living artwork.

We were in what seemed to me to be happy relationship. Spent much time together, in person, on the phone. Went with one another to important things. Had a physical relationship as well, which I will not provide details about it. She was with me, even when I had employment problems, and not much money, didn't seem to bother her. I was content, and was under the impression she was as well. This went on till June of 2014.

It was then, that she told me she had just gotten married. I guess for all the time I was with her, I was just her man on the side. This hurt, as I had begone to consider what life might be like with her in a more legally binding way. As you can see by the date this going up, it took me a long time to even begin to talk about this.

Truth be told, it wouldn't have bothered me to be a "man on the side", I just wish I would have known about it at the time. I haven't seen her since. The evolved part of me wants her to be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment