Monday, June 22, 2015

Cleaning the House.

Cleaning is something that you need to do from time to time. It feels good when it is over, and hurts while you are doing it. I do a round of cleaning every 3 to 4 months, always having the same things happen.

Finding movies/game that you bought but never watched/played. It seems I own a copy of "Force Unleashed 2" for Wii, no memory of buying it. Assuming I got it the same time I bought "Paranorman", which I saw in theaters, it was good, not sure when or why I got the DVD. Ever time I clean I find something and go "When the hell did I buy this?".

Reorganizing shelves that I haven't touched since last time I cleaned. There is a thick layer of dust on everything on this shelf, clearly it has not been touched for months. but someone if I move things into just the right place it will prevent dust from accumulating in the next few months.

Find small sums of money. Change under things, a dollar here, a five there. Never very much, but usually enough to treat myself to a fast-food meal. Kind of a built in reward for cleaning I guess. Here again, I am not sure how this happens, I am a stickler about emptying my pockets in the same location when I get home, so where does this other money come from? I don't have many visitors, so this is a mystery.

See many items I have no practical use for, but won't throw away. I need the Beer-Buddha for some reason. And that those VHS tapes that I no longer have a way to play. YES I NEED THE ATARI 2600 CONTROLLERS, AND I DON'T OWN A 2600 OR ANY GAMES FOR ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment