Sunday, October 12, 2014

Fuck AT&T

The last several weeks my landline phone has not been working. So I called up my provider, AT&T. In the end the problem was fixed. However, it was neither a smooth or timely process.

 I called first thing in the morning, and was told they would come to investigate/fix the problem between 9am and 6pm, and ask that you leave an alternate number for them to contact you Seems like a rather large time window. It seems to have not been large enough, as they at no point came nor called to say they weren't coming. They tell you if you are not at home when they come, you will not get service, but will get 55$ fine for them showing up for nothing. However, it seems you get nothing for them wasting your time.

They did however call the next day at 8am to investigate the problem. So they made me waste a day at home, and then call and wake me up the next morning. Once they arrived it took them only a few minutes to fix the problem.

Fuck you AT&T. Your monopoly in my area forces me to use you. If any other option excited, I would use them instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment