Thursday, February 9, 2012

No Hate This Week.

Many people say all that is posted here is a bunch of negativity. They might be right, it is meant with some amount of humor, but still there is a negative tone to most of what is posted here. So this week we are going to be positive and talk about some things which inspire, enlighten, or are simply enjoyed by me. This will be a different, and a much more personal kind of thing than you usually see here. I honestly hope you enjoy it.


George Carlin, easily the greatest comedian of the second half of the 20th century. This man inspired me to get into comedy. He never let taboos or other peoples discomforts get in his way. While he knew where the line might be drawn, he knew how to take people to the line and then take them past it.






Seeing this masterpiece was an epiphany moment for me. While the version I first saw was a much abridged, it still had a profound effect altering the way perceived and thought about everything. Now you can see a nearly complete version, which is mind blowing. If you feel like looking this one up, it is black and white, and a silent film.

Sorry for this not being longer. It was very difficult to write this, not so much from a content standpoint, but from things it was bringing to the surface of my mind. I hope you enjoyed it.

5 comments:

  1. carlin is one of my favorites :) he will be missed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can balance the negativity with some positivity! I look forward to more in this vein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George Carlin always made me laugh and think about things that I never noticed before in society. It's a real shame that I only found his videos on Youtube two years after he died, but he was just here a minute ago lol.

    Metropolis, one of the best silent films of all time. The Germans really knew how to innovate back then. The remastered version of this kinda disappointed me because some scenes were missing and replaced by text. But there were only limited copies left in the world so I guess it all for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just downloaded Metropolis, gonna watch it tonight.

    ReplyDelete