Monday, June 13, 2011

The "R" Word.

When did the word "retard" join he list of forbidden words? You know the list I mean, the "N" word, the "C" word, and so forth. Last I checked "retard" is a medical term, it should be no more offensive than "obese" or "pregnant". When did this happen? Who is to blame for this?

I don't know when this came to pass, it would have to of been recently. For a long time euphemisms have been used for "retard": slow, special, differently able. However, these were all far less common to hear than "retard".

This is not because of the retards. They don't care. The blame for this is on the parents and handlers of the retards. They are trying to protect a group of people that don't need protection. After all, the phrase "retard strong" came form some where.

I mean no disrespect, and bare no ill will toward any retarded disabled individual. I simply hate euphemisms, and hate political correctness.

3 comments:

  1. I always thought that the "R" word was rape. Hmm, thats pretty interesting. You know whats really weird is that "special" now means retarded. They totally defaced a very important word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Honestly, I'm enough of a jerk that if I find someone gets offended by a word like that, I go out of my way to use it as much as possible around them >:D

    Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont think its a very nice work to be honest.

    ReplyDelete